CALL US NOW (773) 678-9793

The Home and Office Organizing Blog
Monday, August 27, 2007
Boil Water And Get Things Done

This morning I walked into the kitchen and turned on the tea pot for my morning cup of tea. There I saw a sink full of dishes and everything leftover from the weekend. Instead of just standing around and waiting for the water to boil I decided to tackle that pile of dishes. I knew it wouldn’t take long so I dove in and in no time the whistle blew and I had already unloaded the dish washer. I through a tea bag into my cup and brewed for 5 minutes. In that time I quickly re-loaded the dishwasher, cleared off the counters, and gave them a clean sweep. I was immediately ready for my morning with a hot cup of tea and admiring my clean kitchen.
This only took a few minutes and I used my downtime to get things done. Its easier to do quick tasks when you know you only have a few minutes. Next time you are standing around waiting, make use of those extra minutes and get things done by organizing a drawer or clean out a bag. And as always keep it simple.

Labels:

Share

1 Comments:

  • I sometimes do the same thing with a timer (a FlyLady trick, I believe). I'll set it for 5 minutes and see how much I can accomplish in a specific room.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home Home Organizing Business Services Office Organizing OWS in the News About OWS Resources & Links Organizing Blog Contact Copyright © 2007. Organized with Style, Inc. Chicago, IL