CALL US NOW (773) 678-9793

The Home and Office Organizing Blog
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Recycle Banking

I just heard of the best recycling program ever! Its called Recycle Bank. Its a program that combines recycling with reward points that can be used at major stores like Target, CVS and Bed Bath and Beyond. The way it works is you recycle items by placing them in your household bin that gets picked up curbside. The bins are weighed, tracked and then converted into reward points. I don't think it could be an easier!
Not only do you get points to use, it can actually help you get organized. Items that you use every day like cereal or other foods that come in a card board box can immediately go into a re sealable container and the cardboard gets recycled.

Labels: ,

Share

2 Comments:

  • I had heard about this great idea in Kiwi Magazine (a parenting magazine for sustainable living), and but I hadn't gotten around to investigating this yet. (I am still trying to managage my recycling inside my home--keeping the toddlers' fingers away from the paper! I can't figure out how to sign up, or if the service is available in my area. Tips? Thanks for the post, I didn't know that they partner with these big retailers! Abbie

    By Anonymous Abbie, at 7:02 AM  

  • Really great idea, not enough people are recycling, their is no excuse.

    By Anonymous Jayne, at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home Home Organizing Business Services Office Organizing OWS in the News About OWS Resources & Links Organizing Blog Contact Copyright © 2007. Organized with Style, Inc. Chicago, IL