CALL US NOW (773) 678-9793

The Home and Office Organizing Blog
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Organize Your Gift Cards For 2009!

One of the best ways to save money in 2009 is to organize and document your gift cards. We have a lot of gift cards that go unused because we cant find when we need them.


49% of Americans have an unused gift cards worth an estimated $8 Billion!

Put all your gift cards in one place, such as manila envelope or even a Ziploc bag. Write down expiration dates or any other restrictions. Put in the glove compartment of your car or somewhere in your home where you won't forget and use them.

Go through your calendar now and make a list of birthdays, anniversaries and other special events that you know you'll be buying gifts for during the year. Use your stash of gift cards to buy other gifts is a double savings!

Labels: , , , ,

Share

4 Comments:

  • When I used to work at a restaurant years ago, we started giving away a $10 gift card during the holidays if you spent $50 or more on gift cards. I wondered why, and asked my boss. She said that the $10 gift card was an incentive to spend more on gift cards, and people would often come in just for the free gift card. She said, a huge majority of the $10 gift cards never even got redeemed and the same went for the gift cards that were given as gifts. So our restaurant sold more, but reaped even more benefits! since then, I've always tried to keep track of my gift cards and redeem them within a year. Thanks for the reminder!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 PM  

  • I love this idea about organizing gift cards. Right now I know of three that I have.....two that are almost a year old, and a Blockbuster one from 2007! Thanks.
    Elaine

    By Blogger Elaine, at 8:41 PM  

  • I gave my wife a $100. giftcard for Sunglass Hut. She kept it in a drawer for 3 years which upset me for the whole time. Finally she used it and they took it. Whew. I gave her another one for Victorias Secret. She's never used it in years. I will never get her another one of those- just cash. It seems like a loser thing to do but she does get what she wants that way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 PM  

  • It is so easy to forget about gift cards until it is too late. I had a special spot for them in our kitchen, but inevitably we would forget to take them with us. A friend finally took pity on me and sent me a Card Cubby. It's a 3x5 mini file-organizer that fits perfectly in my purse. No more forgetting or misplacing gift cards for us!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home Home Organizing Business Services Office Organizing OWS in the News About OWS Resources & Links Organizing Blog Contact Copyright © 2007. Organized with Style, Inc. Chicago, IL