CALL US NOW (773) 678-9793

The Home and Office Organizing Blog
Monday, January 01, 2007
It's Not Being Perfect

New Year
Here I am at the start of a new year -- it’s "clean slate time," – a fresh start. Like many people, New Year’s Day has me thinking about what I’d like to accomplish in the next 365 days. Some of my goals are similar to most folks, lose some weight, get fit, get a handle on my finances. Others are more idiosyncratic – such as finally getting past Level 2 in French. However, getting organized is not one of goals, though I’m a natural slob. Maybe it’s because I’m suspicious that if I give up my messiness, I’ll also give up some of my creativity and spontaneity.

So then what am I doing blogging on a site dedicated to getting organized? What drew me to working with Karli is her philosophy that organizing is not about being perfect. It’s a tool to help accomplish bigger goals. That resonated with me. I’ll never have a home where everything is always in its place, but I can do without the frustration of wondering around our two-bedroom, two-bath home for 20 minutes looking for my keys. None of my friends have ever said or will ever say, I just love Irene, she’s sooo organized. But I know they like it when I remember birthdays and special occasions. I don’t have to be organized to get on a treadmill, but I do have to make the time to get to the gym.

So that’s what organization means to me. It’s a way to achieve important things, like taking care of my family, and being a good friend, and contributing to the community. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

Labels: ,

Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home Home Organizing Business Services Office Organizing OWS in the News About OWS Resources & Links Organizing Blog Contact Copyright © 2007. Organized with Style, Inc. Chicago, IL